Pages

09 May, 2012

File Says Access Denied–How To Open It?

It’s a quite an old rut that there are some files on your PC or your friends that says, Access is Denied. It’s not big deal to open and play with the content inside such files which says Access Denied. It happens because there are some permissions restriction applied to the file at the time of it’s making which restricts a particular user to access the file and view the content. To access those files, we need to work around the permissions settings, so that you can view the content inside. So, here’s a quick tutorial to access the content of the file that says Access Denied.

File Access Denied – Here’s How To Resolve?

So as said this is something related to file/folder permissions restriction, so first have a look at them. Proceed with,
  • Click on Properties of that folder, via the right-click menu.
  • Roll to the Security Tab.file permissions
  • Choose the type of your account, under the Group and user names, check to see what all permissions are you having.
  • Here’s a list of permissions a user can have and what rights they include.
Permission Description
Full Control Full control over the Folder/file
Modify Users can modify the content, but can’t create new one
Read and Execute Can see and run program in the folder
Read Can only view the content
Write Can create new file/folder and also edit the existing one’s
  • Now you want to access the file that says Access Denied. For that users need to have either Full control over the Folder permissions or it also depends upon the users as what they want to do with that folder/file.
  • Now, to change File/Folder permissions accordingly, click on Edit button. A new window will pop-upchange file permissions
  • Now by referring to the above table and what all permissions and their descriptions, users can edit their rights to access the specific file or folder.
  • Now you can get access to the file or folder which at first was denying the access, but wait one more thing. Please make sure that the folder is not encrypted. What, you don’t know how to check that.
  • Ok, Click on Properties from the right-click menu.
  • Under General Tab, click on Advanced.check whether file is encrypted or not
  • Now in the new window, there’s an option which tells whether the file is encrypted or not. If it’s checked, it encrypted, if it’s not, then it’s not. And if the file is encrypted, then you need the encryption certificates to access the file. Or, you can try to decrypt files without any software.
Now you are all set to get access to the file/folder content without any hindrances. Something troubling you, let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Hello there, I think your site could be having browser compatibility problems.
    Whenever I look at your web site in Safari, it looks fine however, if opening in I.
    E., it has some overlapping issues. I just wanted to provide you with a quick heads
    up! Apart from that, great website!
    My website :: sci-fi book blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this website from my friend who told me regarding this site and at the
    moment this time I am visiting this website and reading
    very informative articles here.
    My website :: write fast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I understand this is kind of off-topic but I needed to ask.
    Does running a well-established blog such as yours take a
    large amount of work? I'm completely new to blogging however I do write in my journal on a daily basis. I'd like to start a blog so
    I will be able to share my personal experience and thoughts
    online. Please let me know if you have any kind of recommendations or
    tips for new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!
    Here is my web blog ; reborn dolls

    ReplyDelete